Today, I woke up and felt like I've had enough. Yes, you heard me correctly. I have bought enough yarn.
My stash is rapidly approaching the infamous SABLE status (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy) and something's got to give. Besides, since I always favour whatever yarn is the newest, if I keep buying stuff, I never end up knitting things in my queue that I originally made the purchases for.
Therefore I do solemnly swear that I will not make any new yarn purchases until I have knitted at least 5000 metres out of my stash since the beginning of 2010. You can watch my progress by the ticker on the right-hand side of the page. I am currently at just over 3500 metres, so it's not a hugely ambitious goal, but baby steps, baby steps. Yarn received in swaps or as a present naturally doesn't count.
(I hope my LYS doesn't go out of business because of this!)
(As a side note: I have two pairs of socks, two hats, a pair of mittens and a summer top to share with you! I also have a spring scarf, a shawl and two bags in the WIP rotation. I'll post photos as soon as I get off my arse to do so.)

4 comments:
*snort* Oh yeah, good luck with that ;)
Hastuli sähisee Savulle hiukaan normaalia enemmän. Meillä ei kissat pese toisiaan kuin satunnaisesti ja nyt en oo nähny kenenkään pesevän Savua.
Huzzah!
Tiedan tunteen. Mun kangasvarasto on kasvanut nollasta kahteen isoon koriin kolmessa kuukaudessa. Ja jostain syysta ostan aina kolme metria kangasta, vaikka mekon tekisi puolestatoistakin.
Loora
Post a Comment